PARIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
OCTOBER 10- PAJAMA DAY
OCTOBER 11- WEAR ORANGE FOR EDEN PARKER AND/OR GREEN FOR MS TORI
OCTOBER 12- MISMATCH DAY
OCTOBER 13- DISNEY/SUPER HERO DAY
OCTOBER 14- BLUE AND WHITE DAY
The Jumpathon & Singalong will be the week of October 17th-21st, more information will be coming soon!
MONDAY: BIGGS/FULMER (12:50),
H. SCHLUTERMAN/NEEDHAM (1:35)
TUESDAY: DAY/S. WEWERS (8:05)
WEDNESDAY: SMITH/SEATON (8:50) SCHIELKE/VARNELL(12:50)
FRIDAY: S.SCHLUTERMAN/HATCHER (8:05)
A. WEWERS/RAGAN (8:50)
*stealing S. Wewers from Art (thx Hudson)
Literacy Reward Parties 2022/23:
Recess in Park w/ popsicle (PM)
Cut-off: Oct. 14th
Party: Oct. 21st
PES will attend a performance by the Kinders on Tuesday, November 15th at 10:00 a.m. in the PMS auditorium. The show should last 40-50 minutes. If you'd like to show your students a preview here is a link to the Kinders' website.
PEP RALLY: Thursday, October 13th at 10:10
Medical news and information:
FLU CLINIC: October 24th
Just a reminder, when you are sending a student to see Nurse Crystal please try to send a note or send her a text or call for a heads up
Cheer Clinic begins today. YAY!!! Girls participating will stay in their classrooms until the second bell. On second bell, please send the girls to the cafeteria. GO CHEERLEADERS!!!!
PLEASE encourage students to bring their water bottles
PARIS MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Students of the Month: Congratulations to our September students of the month: 5th grade Palak Patel; 6th grade Tanner Robison and Avri McCubbins; 7th grade Kymber Carter & Layten Gilbreath; 8th grade Ember Sandavol!!!!
- Meeting: Wednesday 10/5/22 there will be a 7th and 8th grade parent meeting in the Middle School auditorium covering information on the 2023 & 2024 Washington DC trip. For more information see Mrs. Canada in the Library.
- Homecoming dress up days: Monday 10/10 - Pajama Day; Tuesday 10/11 – Hippie Day or 80’s Day; Wednesday 10/12 – Christmas in October; Thursday 10/13 – Neon Day; Friday 10/14 – Blue & White Day (dress code provisions apply)
- Fun and games: Do you want to be a part of a team in the A Games…like for straight up FUN?? Simple…show up…that’s it…show up for school…don’t be absent, be at school….every student who has perfect attendance for the month of October, or ONLY excused absences gets to compete with their team on Friday, October 28. We WANT everyone to participate!!! It’s gonna be FUN!! But if you’re not here you don’t get to play…MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! Let’s make the first round of The A Games AWESOME!!!! It’s all up to you!! You got game??? SHOW UP!!
- Teen safety programs: Haleigh Austin from River Valley Child Advocacy Center will be here next week presenting Monique Burr Foundation's Teen Safety Matters programs. Students will hear about important topics including personal safety and social media safety. Lessons will be in Social Studies classes and approximately 45 minutes long. 5th grade Monday; 6th grade Tuesday; 7th grade Thursday; 8th grade Friday.
- 7th grade field trip: This Thursday, 10/6/22 our seventh grade will have a field trip to Lake Dardanelle State Park. Students will meet in the cafeteria for attendance and then load buses. Everyone should be back on campus by 2:00 p.m.
- PBGC: Good luck to our PBGC football teams Saturday as we travel to Charleston – 3rd and 4th grade game 5:00 and 5th and 6th at 6:00.
- Jr. High: Good luck to our 7th grade and Jr. High football teams as they travel to Jessieville this Thursday 10/6/22.
- Sr. High: Good luck to our Sr. High football team as they host Jessieville this Friday 10/7/22
- Volleyball: Good luck to our volleyball teams this week – 10/4 vs. Hackett at home; 10/6 @ Lincoln (MS dismiss at 1:25 – no 7th grade game) 10/8 Paris Sr. High Invitational.
- District Flu Clinic: Paris School District will, in conjunction with the Health Department, host a district wide flu clinic October 24, 2022. Stay tuned for further info on how to sign up and location.
PARIS HIGH SCHOOL
Volleyball - Tuesday, October 4th vs Hackett 4pm - Thursday, October 6th @ Lincoln 4:30 pm (No 7th Grade Game) - Saturday, October 8th Sr. Lady Eagle Inv. 9am
Football - High Thursday, October 6th @ Jessieville 5:30/7pm - Sr. High Friday, October 7th vs Jessieville 7pm - Jr. High Thursday, October 13th @ Two Rivers 5:30/7pm - Sr. High vs Two Rivers Homecoming ceremony 6:30pm game time 7pm
Golf - Good luck to Paeton McDaniel. Paeton will compete in the State Golf Tournament October 3rd & 4th at Turkey Mountain Golf Course in Horseshoe Bend.
G/T - The next G/T meeting will be held on Friday, October 7th from 10:20 AM-10:50 AM in the PHS library.
Homecoming Shirts - The junior class is selling Homecoming shirts this year. Prices are as follows:
T-shirt - 20.00
long sleeve t-shirt - 25.00
Hoodie - 30.00
See Miss Schneider in room 14 to order. Attached is what the theme of the shirt looks like. Colors have been changed to our school colors. Shirt is heather black (really dark grey). Names of royalty will be on the back as per usual.
Homecoming - Homecoming will be Friday, October 14th. Dress up days are as follows:
Monday, Oct. 10th - PJ Day
Tuesday, Oct. 11th - Hippie Day
Wednesday, Oct. 12th - Adam Sandler Day
Thursday, October 13th - Anything But a Backpack Day
Friday, October 14th - Blue and White Day
Flu Clinic - Paris School District will hold a flu clinic on October 24th. More info coming soon!
Yearbooks - Students may order yearbooks by using the following link Buy yearbook here. Order by October 28th to get them for $45, after that the price will go up. Also, you can get 4 free icons with a $7 personalization purchase until October 28th.
FCA - Saturday, November 5th FCA will attend the Razorback game vs Liberty University. See Jennifer Carre ASAP if you plan to attend. FCA will be having a short devotional on Friday mornings in room 5 beginning on October 7th from 7:30 to 7:50. Please check your emails from Coach Willhite for a questionnaire.
CHESS - The library will be open ONLY to those who want to play chess on Tuesdays and Fridays during both lunches.
EXTRA HELP/TUTORING - Science, English, and Math teachers are available on scheduled mornings for extra help/tutoring, from 7:30 am - 7:50 am; which makes it possible for students riding buses also. Even if it is for a short period of time; students can take advantage of some time with a teacher to review work or help with assignments. Science Teachers will be in their classrooms on Tuesday mornings, English Teachers on Wednesdays, and Math Teachers on Thursdays (all 7:30-7:50).
Parking Passes - CURRENT DRIVERS WITHOUT PARKING PASSES WILL BE ASSIGNED SATURDAY SCHOOL. Passes from last year are not valid for this school year. Forms are available outside the office window. Students will need their completed form, driver’s license or hardship papers, proof of insurance, and vehicle registration. Students wishing to obtain a parking pass must have their beginning of school registration packets turned in, including a drug testing consent form. Passes will not be issued during class time. Students may pick up passes before school, during mid morning break, lunch, and after school.
Athletic Passes - Athletic passes for PHS games are available in the High School office. Senior Citizen(free) - Single ($75) - Family ($175) - Employees may use your student ID to admit yourself and your immediate family.
Letter Jackets - Students may order letter jackets on jostens.com or you may call the Jostens office at 479-968-3269. Information is available on the ledge outside the office window.
Food and Drink - Just a reminder that no outside food or drink may be brought into the school after the school day begins.