Paris Schools, 12 days ago
Reminder: Paris School District will begin to serve meals to ANY students 18 and under on a first come first serve basis, beginning on Monday, March 16th-Thursday, March 19th from 11:30 am-12:30 pm. These meals will be available for pick up through a drive through line at the Wellness Center entrance at our high school campus, as well as at one of the four following locations: Poole's Temple, St. Joseph School, Subiaco Park and First Assembly of God Church in Paris. The meals will resume on Monday, March 30th, if we are still closed. #wearepariseagles
Paris Schools, 13 days ago
Parents of PES students can pick up their children's medications from the nurse at PES tomorrow, March 16th from 7:30 am-3:30 pm.
Paris Schools, 13 days ago
Paris School District will be closed, effective Monday, March 16th until further notice. We will begin to serve meals to ANY students 18 and under on a first come first serve basis, beginning on Monday, March 16th-Thursday, March 19th from 11:30 am-12:30 pm. These meals will be available for pick up through a drive through line at the Wellness Center entrance at our high school campus, as well as at one of the four following locations: Poole's Temple, St. Joseph School, Subiaco Park and First Assembly of God Church in Paris. The meals will resume on Monday, March 30th if we are still closed.
Students who may have been absent on Friday will be able to pick up AMI packets in the school offices, beginning March 16th-March 19th from 8 am - 2 pm. Students in grades 5-12 who did not pick up their chromebook on Friday, may do so in the front office this week.
Parents please read the following information for the Alternative Method of Instruction Plan (AMI) and follow this link - https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/563665/AMI.pdf. Paper packets were also sent home with PES students last week.
All activities, including practices, are cancelled until further notice. Thank you for your support and patience in helping us keep our Eagle family safe! #wearepariseagles
Paris Schools, 15 days ago
As everyone knows the issue with COVID-19 is developing and changes quickly. Today Governor Hutchinson held his daily press conference to update the public on current issues. The Governor, citing CDC guidance did NOT close schools statewide. Consequently, at the present moment we will plan to have school on Monday and will assess each day. However, effectively immediately we are implementing the following in the Paris School District and will remain in effect until further notice:
1. Parent-Teacher conferences will be held remotely only. The schedule will remain the same, 2-7 pm with teachers available if parents want to talk to them. Understandably there will be some overlap, just as there is when parents visit schools. Parents may contact you by email, Zoom, etc. If you have shared your phone number you may expect texts etc. You are NOT obligated to talk with parents on your personal phone. However, each classroom does have a phone and you may be contacted on the classroom phone.
2. Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020 we will not allow any outside visitors in the schools. NO EXCEPTIONS. Parents may go only to offices. This prohibition includes eating lunch with students and will include mentors, parents, visitors, etc. Effective immediately we will prohibit outside food from being brought to the schools.
3. All activities are cancelled until further notice. The Arkansas Activities Association has postponed all interscholastic contests until March 30. Field trips, concerts, events, etc. are cancelled until further notice. Activities contained within the buildings may continue.
4. ALL teachers should have at least 10 days of AMI (Alternative Method of Instruction) ready to be used at a moments notice. Today I met with principals and other pertinent staff. It is possible that we would have to close schools very quickly at which time we will institute our AMI plans. IF teachers are at home during this time they should be available to students via email or other methods that have been agreed upon at your respective buildings.
5. We will address large group activities such as Kindergarten graduation and High School graduation at a later date.
This is an extremely quickly changing situation. As we get guidance from ADE, CDC, etc. we will make further decisions. We will keep you apprised of any changes as soon as possible.
Event: 4th grade Awards Assembly
Event: 2nd grade Awards Assembly
Event: 1st grade Awards Assembly